The database is progressively enriched with new data sets, processed and integrated in successive batches. The data is in xml-ead and xml-tei format, after a phase of alignment with existing data and enrichment according to authority records (Rameau, VIAF, SUDOC, IdRef, etc.).
Here are the main evolutions of the successive versions of the World Horse Library, as well as the main lines of the roadmap for future developments.
The current data perimeter (December 2020):
- G.-R. Mennessier de La Lance, Essai de Bibliographie Hippique (1915-1921) (December 2018)
- Historical Library of the Ministry of Agriculture, “horse” collections (December 2019)
- French Institute of Horse and Riding (A-D) (December 2020)
- F.-H. Huth, Works on the Horse and Riding (1887) (A) (December 2020)
- J.-L. Gouraud, Bibliographie équestre (2018) (partial) (December 2020)
- For the next rounds of data integration, we are preparing the following resources:
- French Institute of Horse and Riding (continuation)
- F.-H. Huth, Works on Horses and Riding (1887) and Works on Horsemanship and Fencing (1890) (continued)
- J.-L. Gouraud, Bibliographie équestre (2018), (continuation)
- Italy – Mario Gennero and Patrizia Arquint
- “Horse” Collection of the Deauville Media Library
- Collection “Horse” of the National Veterinary School of Maisons-Alfort
- Torrecilla, Index of Spanish and Portuguese equestrian bibliography (1921)